Lasagna - without cooking the noodles
Why I Love This Recipe
Some people hesitate to make lasagna, because they find it too time consuming. Several years ago we received this recipe from our friend Carol K.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 15 ounce cans Tomato Sauce
1 15 ounce can Chopped Tomatoes, undrained
1 large box lasagna noodles
1 large container Ricotta cheese
24 ounces freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 pound lean ground beef
2 medium onions, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
Divide noodles in three parts.
2. Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Set aside.
3. Pour 1 can of tomato sauce in bottom of large baking pan.
4. Place one third of noodles in bottom of baking pan.
5. Spread browned ground beef mixture onto uncooked noodles.
6. Pour can of chopped tomatoes on top of meat mixture and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning on meat.
7. Place 1/3 of noodles on top of meat mixture.
8. Spread Ricotta cheese over noodles.
9. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning on Ricotta cheese.
10 Place remaining of noodles over Ricotta cheese.
11. Pour second can of tomato sauce over noodles.
12. Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over noodles.
13. Place clear plastic food wrap over top and fold back, so NONE of it touches the edges of pan.
14. Cover and seal around pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
15. Bake in 350ºF pre-heated oven for 1 1/2 hours.