Why I Love This Recipe
The Rainbows seemed to enjoy the sauce that was made from scratch.
Saute 1/2 an onion in coconut oil. Add two cans of diced tomatoes. Add whatever spices you enjoy. This sauce had fresh basil, oregano, a little ginger, pizza seasoning (from Penzy's), paprika, salt and pepper. bring to a boil and let simmer for an hour. Blend the ingredients together and let simmer about an hour. You do not have to let simmer but the flavors are more bold if you do. You can also add a little sugar and red wine.
Ingredients You'll Need
16 oz. cottage cheese
3 cups cheddar cheese
26 oz. tomato sauce (your favorite kind)
1. Shred the cheddar cheese.
2. Add 1/2 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Tightly layer noodles next to each other so the edges are touching but not over lapping.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of cottage cheese on noodles and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5. Repeat so there are three layers. Sauce should cover top.
6. Cover pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes longer.
8. Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.