Lauki ki Muthiya
Why I Love This Recipe
While my husband was on diet before our marriage, he could not control his evening cravings and used to make some delicious snacks. He came up with lauki fritters one day and I asked him to make an Instagram page (@the_part_time_chef) where he can put his delicious dishes. He gave a go to his cooking and looking at the picture, I could not wait to know the recipe; I envy him sometimes and feel lucky most of the times
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 bottle gourd (lauki) small sized (grated)
- 2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- Corriander leaves (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- Curry Leaves (5-10)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated coconut
- Mix gram flour with grated lauki and add all ingredients (except tadka) specified above.
- Make a dough of above mixture
- Give cylindrical shape to dough with a diameter of approx. 2 inches
- Steam it for 20 – 30 mins on low flame (if you don’t have a steamer boil some water in the pan and put another bowl inside it to steam)
- Take out the cylindrical dough and let it cool afterwards for at least 20 mins.
- Cut the dough in small pieces as shown in picture above.
- Take some oil in the pan and shallow fry the fritters (you may also roast them if required) until they turn light brown.
- Take a pan; pour some oil and add mustard seeds and crushed curry leaves in it to prepare tadka.
- Switch off the gas and then add grated coconut to tadka.
- Add tadka on lauki fritters and serve it in your evening snacks with chutney.