More Great Recipes: Main Dish

Lauren's, Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas

User Avatar
Member since 2018
Got a question about this recipe?
Use our BakeBot Ai Chat for instant answers.
No Video

"Wellness Healthy Potluck"

Serves 1 small slice | Prep Time 30 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes

Why I Love This Recipe

Nutritional Information

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Calories: 684

% Daily Value *

Total Fat: 38.1g 59 % , Saturated Fat: 17.0g, Cholesterol: 69mg 23 %, Sodium: 1577mg 63 %, Potassium: 730mg 20 %, Total Carbohydrates: 65g 21 %, Dietary Fiber: 10.3g, 41 %, Protein: 23.9g 48 %, Sugars: 8g, Vitamin A: 2391IU, Vitamin C: 43mg, Calcium: 467mg, Iron: 5mg, Thiamin: 1mg, Niacin: 8mg, Vitamin B6: 0mg, Magnesium: 63mg, Folate: 141mcg

Ingredients You'll Need

cooking spray
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 /2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 chopped tomatoes
1 (14.25 ounce) can vegetarian refried black beans
2 cans corn kernels
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and ground black pepper to taste
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 (4 oz.) can green chilis, undrained

1 can enchilada sauce
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup vegetable broth
1 lime, juiced
12 pack corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided, Mexican blend and mild cheddar
1 cup chopped avocado
1 cup sour cream, or to taste


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, tomatoes, chopped spinach, corn and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, about 8 minutes. Separate pan, reduce heat to medium-low and add refried black beans and cream cheese; stir well. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer until bean mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Place cilantro, green chilis and liquid, salsa, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, lime juice, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; blend until smooth, about 10 pulses. Spread about 1/3 cilantro salsa mixture in prepared baking dish.

Spread beans and veggie mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Roll tortillas around the cheese and bean fill and arrange enchiladas in the prepared baking dish, seam sides down.

Pour remaining cilantro salsa mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.

Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes. Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, and sour cream.

Pairs Well With

Great with Mexican Beer

Questions, Comments & Reviews

Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings Cookbook
By BakeSpace Fairies

6 Recipes

'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
By CHEF the Film

7 Recipes

The Official "Burnt" Movie Cookbook
By Burnt Movie Cookbook

7 Recipes

Mixed Berry Tart
Mixed Berry Tart
Slutty Brownies
Slutty Brownies
Torta Cubana
Torta Cubana
Hi, I'm BakeBot.

Way beyond a chatbot, I can seamlessly interact with BakeSpace recipes and cookbooks, making modifications and answering cooking questions a breeze.

FYI, I’m new, still in beta and you are among the first to chat with me. If you notice a glitch, let us know.
Want to create a recipe? Try our BakeBot AI Recipe Maker!