Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
For the crust:
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the filling:
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 large lemons, juiced, and the zest of one lemon
* Confectioners' sugar, for dusting & garnish with candied edible flowers (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/12 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice and zest. Pour over the baked crust.
4. Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. ENJOY :-)