Lemon Blueberry Loaf
Why I Love This Recipe
Last week while I was at Costco, I impulsively bought a large bag of lemons thinking that I could use them all up before they go bad, no problem. After all, lemons last quite some time and are very versatile right? Besides… Costco offered such a great deal, I couldn’t say no!
A week later, one of my lemons already started to mold and some of them were turning soft :( So I panicked and looked up as many lemon recipes as possible to use up as much of my remaining lemons as I could. One that really caught my eye was the Lemon Blueberry Loaf recipe.
This recipe produced a fairly dense loaf. It also had a very strong lemon flavour which I personally enjoyed. The original recipe also suggested that I make a sugar glaze to cover the top of the loaf but I didn’t feel it was necessary as I was trying to cut down on the amount of sugar that already went into this recipe.
This would go great with a cup of coffee and I can definitely see myself eating this for breakfast!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and rolled in flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 8×4 inch loaf man with butter or pam.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, lemon juice and egg until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients, a third at a time, alternating with milk.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hr or until the surface is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from the centre.
5. Set aside to cool. Let it sit overnight in the fridge to set. When ready, remove from the loaf pan, slice, and serve!