Lemon Chickpea Puree
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 cloves garlic, 2 smashed and 2 left whole without paper
* 1 to 2 bay leaves
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
* 1 lemon, zested and juiced
* Chopped parsley, for garnish
Drain and rinse chickpeas and put them into a saucepan. Cover with cold water by 2 inches. Add salt and pepper, to taste, smashed garlic cloves and the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer beans until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drain, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Remove the bay leaves and discard.
Put cooked chickpeas into a food processor or blender. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, whole garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Process until smooth; add some of the reserved cooking liquid to thin if, needed. Serve as a base to grilled marinated lamb or put into a serving dish and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and the parsley.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Disney's Tinker Bell Secret of the Wings CookbookBy BakeSpace Fairies
6 Recipes489 Downloads