Lemon Cream Cheese Tart
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup flour
⅓ cup powdered sugar
1 stick (½ cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
7 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Put flour and powdered sugar in a food processor and mix.
3. Add butter pieces and pulse until moist clumps form; press dough into a 9” tart pan, pierce with fork, place in freezer for 15 minutes, and then bake about 15 minutes or until golden. Allow crust to cool well.
4. Reduce oven to 350° F.
5. Beat cream cheese well then add sugar, lemon juice, eggs, and lemon zest; beat until well blended.
6. Pour into crust and bake until set, about 30 minutes.
7. Cool on rack then chill for 1 hour.
8. Serve with Cool Whip on top