Light and Fluffy Paleo muffin and waffle batter
Why I Love This Recipe
I needed a multi purpose batter that could be used to make waffles, donuts and muffins. I worked for months to create this perfect recipe. It is light and fluffy like a muffin made with grains. No one will believe that its made from cashew butter!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cups cashew butter (Fresh ground cashews or store bought)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 large very ripe bananas (I always have ripe bananas frozen, no need to defrost)
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Optional 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup cocoa power plus 1/4 Coconut sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place 11 liners in muffin tin (if you care large muffin liners) or 12 if your like me and scrape every drop out of the vitamix
3. Put all ingredients in the blender (vitamix, blendtec, food processor) except berries!
4. Blend until it looks like pancake batter.
5. Use a large ice cream scooper per liner
6. Place some blue berries or desired topping on top of the batter of each muffin, slightly press it into the batter
7. Bake muffins for about* 14-18 min you want a toothpick to come out clean and to see a small bit of golden color on the tops
8. Let cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes
9. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack
Store a day or so in a glass dish lightly covered with foil. Or freeze!
Optional - To make waffles scoop batter into hot pre greased waffle maker for just over 2 minutes, check and 2 minutes to make sure its golden brown.
I highly suggest doubling this recipe!!!!!