Lobster in Vanilla Butter with Heirloom Tomatoes and Avocado
Why I Love This Recipe
There’s nothing like a delectable culinary creation featuring fresh lobster which is exactly what you get with this dish. Perfectly paired with heirloom tomatoes and avocado and served in vanilla butter that complements the rich flavours, it can be enjoyed at resorts like SAii Laguna Phuket which source choice lobsters for seafood delights. Of course, you can also make it at home and provides a wonderful meal to share with family and friends as part of a refined lunch or dinner.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 250 grams of Unsalted Butter
• One Vanilla Pod
• Rock Salt
• Two Teaspoons of White Wine Vinegar
• Two Lobsters
• Two Avocados That Are Peeled and Stoned
• The Juice from One Lime
• Maldon Salt
• Four Heirloom Tomatoes
• Three Teaspoons of Olive Oil
• Salad Burnet Leaves (One Handful)
• Sweet Cicely (One Handful)
01. For the vanilla butter, put the butter in a pan and into it, scrape the vanilla pod seeds
02. Cook it till the butter has a golden hue; when done, keep it to cool after pouring it onto a tray
03. Bring a pan (large) of water to a boil and add a white wine vinegar teaspoon while generously seasoning it with salt
04. Cut through the head of the lobster straight down the middle with a sharp knife. Use a pair of pliers to remove the entrails, claws and arms.
05. Into the boiling water, place the tails for two minutes and to halt the process of cooking, follow this by refreshing them in iced water
06. Boil the claw and arms for five minutes and then refresh them in iced water as well. Remove the shell carefully once the tails have reached a cold temperature and cut it in half, down the middle. Until needed, refrigerate them.
07. In a blender, put the avocado (only the flesh) in addition to a liberal pinch of salt and the lime juice. Until it becomes smooth, keep blending and when complete, use a fine sieve to strain it.
08. For the tomato preparation, boil a pan of water and use salt as a seasoning. With a knife (a small one would be suitable), remove the tomato eye and score the skins.
09. In the water that’s boiling, blanch the tomatoes for no longer than 10 seconds, then use iced water to refresh them. Quarter the tomatoes after having peeled the skin and follow this by taking out the seeds and ensuring the flesh is evenly diced.
11. Take an ovenproof tray and put the peeled pieces of lobster on it, topped with vanilla butter. Place the tray under a medium grill; watch for the butter to begin melting and turning brown.
12. On your plates, put the avocado and tomato mix (alternatively, a chef ring can be used) and top it with grilled lobster pieces. Any additional melted butter can be poured over the lobster and seasoned with the use of salt.
13. To garnish this dish, the sweet cicely and burnet leaves can be used before serving
Pairs Well With