Low-fat Carrot Cupcakes
Why I Love This Recipe
Blogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Recipe from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I left this out because I didn't have any)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup low-fat milk
One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to blend.
5. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes (Mine were done at 16!) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
*Top with your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe!