Make Ahead Coconut Flour Pound Cake
Use our BakeBot Ai Chat for instant answers.
Why I Love This Recipe
Pound cake is one of the most versatile baked goods in the kitchen. Alone, it’s the perfect accompaniment for an afternoon cup of tea, or top it with fruit and whipped cream for an upscale shortcake-style dessert everyone will love. Our coconut flour pound cake cuts and tastes best after resting for 24 hours, but don’t let its make-ahead requirement deter you from enjoying this moist and gluten-free cake.
If you’re new to baking with coconut flour, the inclusion of 10 eggs in a cake recipe might seem like a mistake. We promise, it’s not! Coconut flour is highly absorbent and requires the addition of more liquids than other types of flours. Learn more about baking with coconut flour here.
Ingredients You'll Need
For Gluten–Free Coconut Flour Pound Cake:
2 cups Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour, sift before measuring
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Oil
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
10 large eggs
¼ cup Coco Treasure Coconut Nectar or honey
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon
¾ cup water (reserved)
1. Grease 9-inch loaf pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper. Also grease the parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Whisk coconut flour, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix coconut oil, cream cheese and coconut nectar with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture become smooth and fluffy. Mix in yogurt.
5. Add eggs two at a time, alternating with a portion of the flour mixture until the wet and dry ingredients are well incorporated. If the batter appears too stiff, add the reserved water, ¼-cup at a time.
6. Stir in lemon zest.
7. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 90 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Check after 30 minutes. If the top of the loaf is already golden brown, cover with aluminum foil for the rest of the baking time.
8. Remove from oven when done. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours before removing from pan. Invert the pound cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve when completely cooled. This coconut-flour pound cake tastes best when allowed to cool for 24 hours.