Makhana Bhel – Gluten & Soy Free Vegan Foxnut Indian Salad
"Makhana Bhel, an Indian snack that is sure to tantalize your taste buds!"Serves 8 | Prep Time 15 mins | Cook Time 15 mins
Why I Love This Recipe
Makhana Bhel, an Indian snack that is sure to tantalize your taste buds! This low-calorie snack is light on tummy and tastes delicious to your palate. Makhanas are super nutritious food to incorporate in your daily diet. Makhana Bhel is the perfect healthy snack to include in your daily regime and get the most benefit of Makhanas. I like to indulge on this as a salad for lunch instead of snack, then I can have a bigger portion of this delicious Makhana Bhel. Dig into it with me!
Ingredients You'll Need
100 gms Cucumber: 1/2 cup peeled & diced.
100 gms Onion 1/2 cup diced
100 gms Tomato 1/2 cup diced
1/2 cup Potato boiled and diced
1/2 cup Pomegranate Arils
10 gms Fresh Cilantro 2 tbs finely chopped
8 gms Fresh Mint 2 tbs finely chopped
3 gms Green Chili 1 tsp finely chopped
2 tbsp Lemon Juice or Lime
1. Dry roast makhanas on medium heat till crunchy. Keep stirring in between for even roasting. Makhana can be roasted in microwave as well.
2. Once roasted, let the Makhana cool down a bit and then transfer in a gallon size Ziploc.
3. Secure the Ziploc carefully and roughly crush the Makhanas using rolling pin.
4. In a separate mixing bowl add all the chopped vegetables and stir.
5. Then add roasted peanuts, cashews, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds and jalapeno crisps. Stir!
6. Add, chopped green chilis, cilantro, mint, both the chutneys, spices and lime juice.
7. Give it a good stir. Keep this mixture separate until ready to serve.
8. When ready to serve, stir in crushed roasted Makhanas.
9. Before serving topped with some nylon sev (optional), some jalapeno crisps, pomegranate arils and peanuts.