Maple Bacon Cookie Dough Truffles
Why I Love This Recipe
Go to Candied Bacon recipe for instructions on how to make the candied bacon for this recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup candied bacon, chopped
1 lb dark dipping chocolate
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or wax paper.
2. Using a large standing mixer, cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the condensed milk and maple syrup and beat until well-mixed, then add the flour and salt and beat on low until combined. Stir in bacon.
4. Using a small scoop or a teaspoon, scoop up small round balls of the dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for one hour. Remove from fridge and roll into balls. Place back in fridge for another hour.
5. Melt chocolate in double boiler, in the microwave or, as I prefer, in a Crock Pot on low. Dip balls one at a time and coat evenly. [I tried dumping a bunch in the Crock Pot at once but they get soft fast. Alternatively, you could put the balls in the freezer for a few minutes before dipping first so they get good and cold.] Remove them with a fork and tap against the side of the pot to remove any excess chocolate. Place back on baking sheet and top with a piece of candied bacon, if desired.
6. Put truffles back in fridge until firm. Store in fridge. Enjoy!