"Side Dish, Mashed Potatoes"Serves 4 servings | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Mashed potatoes are a super easy and delicious way to feel full after eating a big meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 pounds potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup hot milk
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
6-8 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley to garnish
1. Peel and cut potatoes into quarters lengthwise. Remove any spots, lumps or knots.
2. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold, salted water by an inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat down to medium-low and allow to simmer until fork tender (about 15-20 minutes)
3. When potatoes are just about done, heat 1 Tablespoon of the butter in a small pan over medium-high heat.
4. Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Drain cooked potatoes, add in the remaining butter, cooked garlic, hot milk and sour cream.
6. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth, adding a little extra milk if needed.
7. Add in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pairs Well With
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads