Matbucha- Spicy Moroccan "Salsa"
Why I Love This Recipe
Get your spicy Moroccan “salsa” on and forever remember your spicy Moroccan friend a short flight away☺
Ingredients You'll Need
Big can of whole peeled tomatoes
Olive oil (about a quarter of a cup to every 1 big can of tomatoes)
Garlic, chopped (not to finely, and a lot)
One green pepper
Hot pepper (to taste)
Paprika (spicy or sweet or both)
1. Roast green pepper in the oven on broil or on an open flame of a gas stove until skin is charred. Place it in a plastic bag, tie it up and put it in the fridge to cool
2. In the meantime, add all of the other ingredients to a cold small but deep pot. Use a masher to start to break up the whole tomatoes and mix everything together.
3. Put it on the stove, on a low flame, and cook it for hours, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick
4. As soon as the roasted pepper cools a bit (15 minutes at least, if not longer), take it out of the bag and peel the skin off (if it doesn't come off easily, it needs more time in the bag.) Chop it up and add to the pot.
5. This can literally cook forever, it just depends what consistency and depth of flavor you want. Just make sure the heat is really low and you stir it every now and then
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads