Matcha sables (Sablés au thé vert Matcha)
Why I Love This Recipe
Vanilla version :: http://yujai.blogspot.com/2009/04/boxful-of-love.html#sables
Ingredients You'll Need
Confectioners sugar // 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter, cut into cubes // 5 oz
All-purpose flour // 1 3/4 cup (8.5 oz)
Egg yolks, large // 3
Matcha (powdered green tea) // 1.5 tbps
Granulated sugar (for coating) // 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
3. Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.
4. Add the flour and mix until well combined.
5. Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
6. Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
7.Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
8. Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter.
9. Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
10. Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.