Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
My fiancé and I made this recipe up after talking to a friend to used to live in Greece. It takes a traditional Greek salad and creates a delicious, colorful pasta salad that is quick and easy to make. It makes a great one-dish dinner or side at your next barbecue! You can even serve it warm or cold!
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb pasta (rotini, ziti, gemelli, or any other fun shape)
8oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 English cucumbers, peeled
2 medium to large heirloom tomatoes (1 yellow, 1 red)
1 can small black olives, drained
1/2 small red onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano, whatever you like)
fresh ground black pepper
Optional: additional chopped herbs for garnish
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with a little kosher salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, but not dry. Slice into bite sized pieces.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on package until it is al dente. Drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut cucumbers and tomatoes into bite sized chunks. Slice red onion into very thin strips.
4. In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped herbs, a pinch of kosher salt and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Whisk until combined. (or use an immersion blender to combine)
5. In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, chicken, vegetables, feta and dressing. Toss gently until all ingredients are evenly dispersed. Serve warm or cold, sprinkling additional chopped herbs over the top just before serving.