Methi Matar Malai Paneer – No Onion No Garlic Recipe
"No onion no garlic recipe for creamy and luscious Methi Matar Mala Paneer white gravy curry packed with goodness of fenugreek leaves, nuts, peas and paneer."Serves 6 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 40 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Methi Matar Malai Paneer is a creamy and luscious curry, made in white gravy packed with the goodness of fenugreek greens, green peas and soft paneer. This no onion no garlic curry is very subtle on flavors and can be loved by all; adults as well as kids.Try this rich creamy curry for your next get together or special occasion and wow your guests with its flavors.
Ingredients You'll Need
-00 gms Fenugreek Leaves 2 cup – chopped
-300 gms Green Peas 2 cup – frozen
-20 gms Ginger 1 inch piece – minced/grated
-3 Green chili 2 -3 adjust as per your spice level, chopped
-1 tbsp Lemon juice
-1 tbsp Pomegranate Arils
1. Sort and wash Fenugreek (methi) leaves and chop using either food processor or knife and keep aside.
2. Soak cashews, Melon seeds and poppy seeds for 20 minutes in warm water and then grind with green chilies and ginger. Keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tbs ghee in a pan, add fenugreek leaves, green peas and paneer and sauté on medium heat.
4. Add salt and sugar, sauté for 10 minutes until leaves are cooked and water from leaves evaporates.
5. Transfer the above mixture of fenugreek leaves, green peas and paneer in a bowl and keep it aside.
6. Heat 2 tbs ghee again in the same pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
7. Once cumin seeds start spluttering add the ground paste of cashew into pan and cook until paste start separating oil from pan.
8. Once cashew paste start separating oil add Greek yogurt and continue to cook.
9. When whole mixture start separating oil again, add spices except Garam masala and give a good stir.
10. Add a table spoon or two of milk, if you feel like gravy is getting really thick.
11. Cashew nut and seeds gravy is ready. If you want you can double the batch of gravy and save half of it for later use.
12. Now add the sautéed mixture of Fenugreek, green peas and paneer in the cashew gravy, stir everything together and add milk.
13. Let the whole thing simmer for 15-20 minutes.
14. Stir in, heavy whipping cream, garam masala and lemon juice.
15. Before serving, garnish with some more heavy cream and pomegranate arils.
16. Enjoy, Methi Matar Malai Paneer with naan, roti, poori or rice.