Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
"Soup, Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder"Serves 8 servings | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Soups are such an easy side dish to any meals, and this Mexican Chicken Chowder goes perfect with quesadillas.
Ingredients You'll Need
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 Tablespoons butter
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup hot water
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups half-and-half cream
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can cream-style corn
1 can chopped green chilis, undrained
1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1. In a Dutch oven, brown chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the cream, cheese, corn, chilis and hot pepper sauce.
5. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted; add tomato. If desired, top with cilantro and tortilla strips.
Pairs Well With
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads