Mexican Potato Salad
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
5 medium peeled potatoes cut into ½-inch cubes
4 medium-hot chili peppers
1 medium onion, diced
3 to 4 cups milk
3 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons flour
Salt and pepper
6 ounces Jalapeño-Jack cheese, grated
1. Put potato cubes, chilies, and onions in a large pot; add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender. Remove half of the mixture and set aside.
2. Strain liquid into a large measuring bowl; add enough milk (3 to 4 cups) to make a total of 5 cups liquid.
3. Mash potatoes remaining in pot then add removed potatoes and liquid; keep warm.
4. Melt butter in a separate saucepan and blend in flour; add ½ cup soup to blend then add to remaining soup. Simmer until thickened some.
5. Add three-fourths of the grated cheese just before serving; heat until melted.
6. Serve in bowls and sprinkle each with remaining cheese (do not stir