"Side Dish, Mexican Rice"Serves 4 servings | Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 25 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This Mexican rice side dish tastes almost as authentic as what you eat in a restaurant, and you are making it at your house.
Ingredients You'll Need
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden.
3. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
4. Stir in onions and cook until tender.
5. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Pairs Well With