Mexican Style Goulash
Why I Love This Recipe
I don't remember where this is from.
"'This is among the tastiest and speediest recipes in my collection--and it's my husband's favorite one-pot dish,' comments Maurane Ramsey from Fort Wayne, Indiana."
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 cup chopped onion and 1 clove garlic
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder and ½ tsp cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
• 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, water, chili powder, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Add macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 743 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.