Mom's Baked Ham
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
5 to 7 pound butt-end ham
1 can pineapple chunks, including juice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup honey
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup light brown sugar
A lot of whole cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut off ALL outer “slick, brown” coating on ham (like a “peeling”). Score entire surface of ham,
approximately ¼-inch deep. Put foil on the bottom of a roasting pan and place ham on top of it.
3. Combine juice from pineapple chunks (not the pineapple yet), cinnamon, honey, lemon juice, and
brown sugar in a saucepan; heat until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour one-fourth of the sauce over the ham then put whole cloves stuck between “scored” spaces; bake
for 30 minutes. Baste with one-fourth of the sauce again and bake 30 minutes. Repeat every 30 minutes
until sauce is used total baking time is about 1½ to 2 hours or until top is nicely browned. Remove ham
then put pineapple chunks into pan juices; stir to blend then bake 5 minutes or so.
5. Slice ham and serve with raisin sauce.
Mom’s Raisin Sauce:
½ cup raisins
1 cup water
Drippings from ham pan
1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 to 2 tablespoons water
1. Put raisins and water in a saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. A few minutes before serving, spoon out pan drippings from ham pan and add to saucepan; turn on
burner to medium heat.
3. Mix cornstarch with water; add to saucepan and cook until thickened, stirring.
4. Spoon over sliced ham.