Mom’s Irish Soda Bread Scones
Why I Love This Recipe
These scones are sweet and perfect with coffee and tea, or an on-the-go snack. This recipe was submitted by a Mira Vista Parent Meg Pitts!
Ingredients You'll Need
2.5 cups flour 1 egg
2 tsp baking powder 1 cup buttermilk or sour cream
¼ tsp baking soda 4 Tbsp melted butter
½ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
¾ cup raisins
2 tsp caraway seeds
1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and put to the side.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients until combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and quickly combine with a spatula.
4. Drop large tablespoons full of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until they have a nice brown color about 25-35 minutes.
6. Can be baked as a loaf for about an hour.