My Mom's Famous Christmas PuertoRican Eggnog "Coquito"
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a traditional holiday drink in all homes during the Christmas holidays in Puerto Rico. this is my Mom's recipe handed down to me which I already handed down to my oldest son.
Ingredients You'll Need
12 cans evaporated milk
3 cans condensed milk
3 cans cream of coconut
8 egg yolks
2 cups of sugar
2 tsps vanilla
1-2 liters of White Puerto Rican Rum (Palo Viejo or Bacardi)
1. First take the yolks of 8 large eggs and mix with the 2 cups of sugar
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed until creamy white
3. Pour the vanilla
4. Add slowly the condensed milk and keep beating on med speed
5. Add the cream of coconut and also mix at a medium speed
6. Add the evaporated milk, mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
7. Finally add the white rum, mix well
8. Put 2-3 sticks of cinnamon on each container, fill with the mixture.
9. Store in refrigerator until serving time
10. Shake well before serving. Serve cold, sprinkle slightly with cinnamon powder.