No Bake Layered Dessert
Why I Love This Recipe
The following recipe is a easy, cool summertime dessert -- no baking or cooking is needed. You just need time for the dessert to set properly. I think it is best to make this dish the day before.
You will need to make this in a 13-inch dish because it's a big dessert that will serve several people. It's just right for a party, barbecue or potluck dish.
If you don't like the cheesy pie filling, feel free to substitute your favorite filling, such as peach, blueberry or strawberry. Just pick a gelatin to match.
Ingredients You'll Need
Three layer dessert
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of melted butter
1. Crush crackers and melt butter.
2. Mix together in 13-inch dish.
3. Press mixture into the bottom of the dish and put it in the refrigerator.
8 ounces of cream cheese softened
1 can of sweetened, condensed milk (14 ounces)
1 cup of frozen whipped topping thawed
1. Beat cream cheese and milk together.
2. Stir in one cup of thawed frozen whipped topping.
3. Pour over graham cracker crust and spread.
4. Set in refrigerator.
1 large box of instant vanilla pudding (5-ounce box)
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup of frozen, whipped topping thawed
1. Beat pudding and milk together.
2. Stir in frozen, thawed whipped topping.
3. Spread over cheese mixture.
4. Cover lightly with foil and set in refrigerator.
1 large box cherry gelatin (6 ounces)
1 can of cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
1. Set water on stove until hot.
2. Pour over gelatin in a large bowl.
3. Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
4. Add a can of cherry pie filling and mix well.
5. Place in refrigerator and allow it to sit until gelatin starts to thicken; do not let mixture gel all the way.
6. Pour thickened gelatin over top of the pudding mixture, spread and distribute cherries evenly.
7. Place in refrigerator and allow it to sit for several hours. It's best if left to sit overnight.