No Bake Oatmeal Bars
Why I Love This Recipe
These no bake bars are fast and fun, perfect for those college students who woke up late with no time to make anything big.
Ingredients You'll Need
1. 1 1/2 cups of gluten free oat bran. (can also use rolled oats, quick oats, or oat flour).
2. 1/2 cup of sunflower seed butter (Can also use soy nut butter or nut butter of choice).
3. 1/2 cup of brown rice syrup (can also use any sticky sweetener).
4. Chocolate chips/ fruits etc. (optional).
5. Also need grease proofing paper.
1. Line a deep baking tray or pan with greaseproof paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the oat bran and set aside..
3. In a microwavable bowl or stovetop, melt the sunflower seed butter with the brown rice syrup until combined.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix well until fully incorporated.
5. Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and press into it firmly. If desired, top with chocolate chips or fruit etc. and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
6. Remove and cut into bars or lunch box sized squares, and enjoy!
Depending on what type of grain base and type of sweetener you use you may need to adjust the sweetener amount and/or grain amount- Follow this procedure;
If to wet, add an extra 1/4 cup of oats. If to dry, add and extra tablespoon of sticky sweetener until a firm batter is formed.
Bars can be kept at room temperature covered for up to a week or refrigerated/frozen for up to a month +.