Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 cups All Purpose Flour
• 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
• 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
• 1 jar Caramel Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
• 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
• 1 package (6-oz.) (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13x9-inch pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix at low speed until crumbly.
Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for topping.
Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of greased pan.
Bake at 350° F. for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour; blend well.
3. Remove partially baked crust from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture.
Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
4. Return to oven; bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
Shirley in IN