Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup powdered oatmeal
3/4 cup flour 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups broken pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream butter. Add vanilla, lemon juice and
then the sugars. Beat well. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
4. On low speed, add the dry ingredients and oatmeal, beating only until
5. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Spread out a large piece of waxed paper. Using 1/4 cup measure,
place blobs of dough any which way on it. (12-15 blobs)
7. Using slightly wet hands, roll each blob into a ball and then flatten
it to about 1/2 inch thick. Place on foil lined cookie sheets. About 4
cookies to a sheet is max.
8. Bake 16-18 minutes or well-colored. Watch closely at the end.
9. When they come out of the oven let stand for a minute before removing
to cooling racks.
10. These freeze well.