Oats Jaggery Laddoo
Why I Love This Recipe
I always crave for sweets a lot; my Mom used to treat me after every 3-4 days with sheera, kheer etc. Post my marriage, I barely made any sweets to satiate my sweet cravings as I gained considerable weight during WFH. But my husband did not fail to surprise me this time as well by making healthy sweet – Oats Jaggery Laddoo. Have this sweet to beat your sugar cravings when on diet.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 cup plain oats
- ½ cup finely chopped dry fruits (almonds, cashew, walnut, raisins)
- 2-3 dates
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup jaggery powder
- 1/3rd cup ghee
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup milk
- Finely chop dates and keep it aside with raisins
- Roast dry fruits in pan for 1-2 minutes on low flame (keep 1 teaspoon aside for garnish).
- Add plain oats in the pan and roast for 20-30 more seconds.
- Let the mixture cool and add cardamom and cinnamon powder
- Blend the mixture into powder
- Melt the ghee in pan, keep the gas on low flame and add above mixture into pan.
- Add dates, raisins, salt, jaggery powder and give the mixture a nice stir for 30 seconds
- Add milk, once mixture starts to turn thick, turn off the flame.
- Let it cool for some time
- Once, it is easy to handle, grease your hands with ghee and start making laddoos.
- Garnish with ladoos with some finely chopped dry fruits and it’s ready to be served