One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a staple meal in my house! It is also in my 20 min or less meals!
Ingredients You'll Need
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces
• 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 14 oz smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
• 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, plus more to taste
• 4 oz parmesan cheese freshly shredded, more as needed
• Italian Parsley garnish
1. Start with a large cooking pot that has a lid.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
4. Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
5. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta, and cajun seasoning to pot.
6. Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
7. Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
8. Remove pot from heat and slowly stir in parmesan cheese.
9. Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.