Orange Chicken Stir Fry
Why I Love This Recipe
* Vegetables can be pre-made stir-fry veggie mixes so long as there are no added sauces or sugars in them. Otherwise, use your own favorite mix of onion, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese veggies, etc.
Ingredients You'll Need
· 1/2 lb. chicken strips or 2 boneless breasts cut up
· 1 Tablespoon olive oil
· 1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables*
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/4 cup DaVinci orange syrup or diet orange soda
· 1 teaspoon guar gum powder
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
In medium skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil over medium high heat for a few minutes until almost done. Add vegetables and fry for another two minutes. Mix all remaining ingredients together well in a glass and be sure to get the guar gum well dissolved, no lumps. Reduce heat to medium, add sauce mix, and cover for about 5 minutes. Sauce should be thickened to a nice glaze when done.
Serves 2. 3 carbs per serving.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeBy CHEF the Film
7 Recipes11876 Downloads