PORK AT THE OVEN (PERNIL AL HORNO)
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 pork shoulder 5-8 Ibs.
6 garlic teeth
3 packets of Sazon Goya with cilantro and annato
1 tablespoon oregano leaves
1 tablespoon Adobo Goya with or without pepper
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon Salt (for the skin only)
2 tablespoons of Sofrito (In a blender mix cilantro, onion , recao, green, and red peppers)
1 1/4 cup of water
1. With a knife cut the skin, but not separate the skin and the meat.
2. With a knife make some holes in the meat.
3. Clean the pork with lemon juice.
4. Mashed garlic and add olive oil, cover all pork and skin.
5. Add Adobo Goya with cilantro and annato, all over pork and skin.
6. Add Sofrito, all over pork .
7. Add Adobo Goya and Old Bay Seasoning, all over pork.
8. Add Salt on the top of the skin only.
9. Prepared one day before cook and keep in refrigerator.
10. Turn oven at 350 degrees F.
11. Place in a big pot with a lid or tray with aluminum foil.
12. Add the water in the pot or tray.
13. Keep cover for around two hours.
14. After two hours uncover, and add more salt in the skin if needed.
15. The juice in the pot or tray helps to keep moist the pork, if look dry put a little more
16. Cook for one or two hours more at 450 degrees F.
17. The pork is ready, if the skin is crunchy, and the temperature inside of meat is 165
degrees F. For more crispy skin, put the oven to broil for 10 minutes, and turn off the
18. Remove and serve. Enjoy!
PREPARED BY: EILEEN VALENTIN