Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Why I Love This Recipe
This is my Great Aunt Theda's recipe. It was an Easter tradition in my family until my mom decided it was too much work and stopped making them (our Christmas Anise Oil Cookies also suffered the same fate). They taste absolutely amazing, but according to my mom, they're also "SO BAD FOR YOU!"
Ingredients You'll Need
7 cups powdered 10X sugar
2 cups peanut butter (use regular peanut butter, not the natural or low fat kinds -- it just doesn't work)
1 stick margarine
1 can evaporated milk (one can is more than enough)
1. Place 10X sugar in a large bowl.
Add margarine and work into sugar by rubbing sugar and margarine between palms of hands.
2. Add PB and mix well (don't even try to use a mixer -- this all has to be done by hand)
3. Add enough milk (a little at a time) until candy forms a soft ball.
If it's too wet, add more sugar.
4. Work candy until smooth and creamy by kneading it like bread dough.
5. Form into small eggs (they will be bigger after dipped in chocolate), place on cookie sheet covered in waxed paper, and refrigerate for about an hour.
6. Melt chocolate (don't overheat it or it will get lumpy, and nothing can correct that).
Dip eggs, and place on cookie sheet with clean wax paper.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads