Peanut Butter cookie dough bites
Why I Love This Recipe
quick and healthy bite size snack
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter (or almond butter, sunflower seed butter)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped
1. Prepare the almond meal. In a blender or food processor (what I used), blend/process 1/2 cup whole raw almonds until they are a flour like consistency. Set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend/process oats until a fine flour forms. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil, peanut butter, agave (or maple syrup, or other liquid sweetener), and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the almond meal, oat flour and salt. Beat again until well combined. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
4. Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tbs of dough). Place the finished bites on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Freeze bites for 5-10 minutes, or until firm. Store bites in the freezer in an air-tight container or freezer bag for quick access later.