"If Peccy picked a peck of pecan pie, where's the peck of pecan pie that Peccy picked?"Serves 6 | Prep Time 40 | Cook Time 50
Why I Love This Recipe
Peccy's favourite holiday dessert!
Ingredients You'll Need
Flour for dusting
500g Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
75g Butter, Softened
100g Golden Caster Sugar
175g Golden Syrup
175g Maple Syrup
3 Eggs, Beaten
397g Condensed Milk
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
300g Pecan Halves
Double Cream Whipped (to serve)
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry.
2. Use the pastry to line a 23cm tart tin, keeping any off-cuts in case you need to fill any cracks after blind-baking.
3. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork and chill for 30 mins, or until firm.
4. Heat oven to 190°C. Line the pastry case with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake for 15-20 mins until the sides are set.
5. Remove the beans and parchment and return the tin to the oven for 5-10 mins until the pastry is golden and the base is set. Leave to cool.
6. Increase oven to 200°C. Use an electric whisk to beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Keep the beaters going and pour in both of the syrups.
7. Gradually add the eggs, ¼ tsp salt and the vanilla, then whisk until combined. Stir through the pecans, then pour the mixture into the tart case.
8. Bake for 10 minutes
9. Turn heat down to 160°C and continue baking for 30-35 mins (the pie should be golden brown and the filling should wobble a little in the centre when shaken).
10. Leave to cool in the tin. (You’ll probably need to run a knife around the tin to lift out the pie).
11. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Tough