Perfect Baked Cod
"If you're a fish lover, then this is perfect for you!"Serves 4 | Prep Time 8 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe is absolutely delicious and it goes amazing with just about anything! It's a good meal for the whole family.
Ingredients You'll Need
1. 2 tablespoons of butter
2. ½ sleeve buttery round crackers (such as Ritz®), crushed
3. 1 pound thick-cut cod loin
4. ½ lemon, juiced
5. ¼ cup dry white wine
6. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
7. 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
8. 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl; melt in microwave on high, about 30 seconds. Stir buttery round crackers into melted butter.
3. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a 7x11-inch baking dish. Melt in the preheated oven, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove dish from oven.
4. Coat both sides of cod in melted butter in the baking dish.
5. Bake cod in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; top with lemon juice, wine, and cracker mixture. Place back in oven and bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 10 more minutes.
6. Garnish baked cod with parsley and green onion. Serve with lemon wedges.
Pairs Well With
This main dish could go great with some french fries and a side of mac and cheese!