Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil (vegetable, canola or extra light olive oil)
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk plus 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice- add acid to the milk then set aside for 5 minutes before using)
1) Preheat oven to 350*F.
2) In a medium bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together with whisk, and set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer, add eggs and beat 10-20 seconds. Add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed about 30 seconds. Add vanilla and oil, beat.
4) Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the milk, then the rest of the flour and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined. Scrap down the side of the bowl.
5) The batter will be thin. Pour batter into a muffin pan prepared with paper liners. Fill liners about 2/3 full.
6) Bake cupcakes in pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes.
7) Cool in pan 1-2 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan (carefully) and finish cooling on a wire rack.
8) Frost as desired when fully cool.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
The Official "Burnt" Movie CookbookBy Burnt Movie Cookbook
7 Recipes51222 Downloads