Why I Love This Recipe
Perfect for meal prep or family/friends dinner night!
Blackened honey-glazed carrots & sweet potatoes:
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
3 large carrots, peeled and cut in circles
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup water
2-3 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat a large stovetop skillet (with lid) with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots while you prep the sweet potato (carrots take slightly longer to cook). Add the sweet potato and water and cover.
2. Steam for 15-20 minutes (veggies should be dark and tender).
3. Add honey and seasoning, mix well and serve!
Ingredients You'll Need
4 6oz fresh salmon filets with skin
1/3 cup fresh bread crumb
1/3 cup parmesan, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
Fresh lemon juice (to taste)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder (optional)
6 tbsp nut-free fresh pesto (can substitute with store bought)
1. Add basil and garlic in food processor, slowly pour olive oil in while blending, add parmesan cheese and blend until desired taste/consistency achieved.
1. Preheat oven to 425F (for cast iron pan).
2. Brush filets with olive oil and lemon juice. Top each filet with 1.5 tbsp of pesto.
3. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and garlic powder. Spoon evenly over each filet.
4. Add oil to hot pan, place filets skin side down and cook until skin is crisp (about 4 minutes).
5. Place pan in oven to continue cooking for 5-7min (broil for additional 45 seconds for golden brown crust). Serve hot with your favorite veggies!
Pairs Well With
Blackened honey-glazed carrots & sweet potatoes (see description for recipe)