Pig in a blanket
Why I Love This Recipe
Classic pig in a blanket recipe, great snack food
Ingredients You'll Need
6 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 tube Pillsbury pizza dough
2 (12-oz.) packages cocktail weiners
1.Preheat oven to 400°. Grease inside of a 8” springform pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper flakes.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pizza dough and cut into 1”-x-2” rectangles.
3. Brush top of each with butter mixture, then wrap each cocktail weiner in pizza dough and pinch seam shut.
4. Place pigs in blanket standing upright in springform pan. They should be snug, but not too tightly packed together. (Otherwise dough won’t bake!) Brush top with remaining melted butter mixture.
5. Bake until golden, 50 to 55 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
6. Serve warm with dipping sauces.