Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
1½ cups chopped pecans
1½ cups brown sugar
1 (20-ounce) can sliced pineapple with juice
1 box yellow cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a 17” x 12” rectangular baking pan with wax paper.
3. Combine butter, pecans, and brown sugar; blend then spread over waxed paper in pan.
4. Arrange pineapple slices over pecan mixture then sprinkle with a little of juice. (You can put a candied cherry in the center of each slice if desired).
5. Make the cake per box instructions then spoon over the pineapple slices; bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Lay a large sheet of waxed paper over baked cake then place a cookie sheet over it and immediately invert cake onto it.
7. Allow the cake to cool slightly then run a spatula under cake to loosen from waxed paper; slip out waxed paper carefully