Pitta Pizza with Homemade Sauce
"Homemade Pizza"Serves 5 | Prep Time 30 minutes | Cook Time 20 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe is perfect for anyone who is craving pizza but doesn't have the patience (or skills) to make their own dough. The homemade sauce really gives it a unique touch and ups the flavor by a lot. You can use store-bought pizza sauce of you'd like but I would really suggest making the homemade sauce because it makes the pizza so much better! It is delicious and easy to make. You can even make the homemade sauce and freeze it up to a month so that you can have pizza whenever you want.
Ingredients You'll Need
For the Sauce:
4 cloves garlic
2 small onions (roughly chopped)
4 large tomatoes (roughly chopped)
1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp red chili powder
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
For the Pizza:
5 pitta breads
1 1/2 cup cheese (of your choice)
toppings of your choice
For the sauce:
1. In a pan, heat the oil.
2. Add the garlic, onions and tomatoes. saute for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
3. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
4. Once cool, blend it in a blender till it becomes a smooth paste.
5. Put the pureed mixture back into the pan and add the salt, red chili powder, sugar and cumin powder.
6. Keep it on low flame for ten minutes.
7. Cool it down before putting the sauce on the pizza.
For the Pizza:
1. Take a pitta bread and pinch the edges to form sort of a crust.
2. Add the homemade sauce.
3. Add a bit of cheese and place the toppings of your choice. add more cheese on top.
4. Place the pizza in the oven for around 20 minutes. This time will vary depending on your oven. Really, you just need your pitta bread to get crispy and the cheese to melt.
5. Serve hot!
Pairs Well With
A tall glass of water