Pizza Egg Rolls
Why I Love This Recipe
I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. Yummy!
Ingredients You'll Need
* 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
* 3/4 cup diced green pepper
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
* 1/4 cup tomato paste
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* Dash pepper
* 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 13 egg roll wrappers
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* Oil for frying
* In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese.
* Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Brush remaining corner with egg; roll up tightly to seal.
* In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 13 egg rolls.