Pork Chops and Onions in Gravy
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 pork chops
4 large onions, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1½ cups orange juice
3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
1½ teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions and sauté onions
until medium brown. Cover and cook a few more minutes until soft.
2. Add orange juice and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar to the skillet; simmer a few minutes. Pour
mixture into a measuring cup or bowl.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet; add pork chops and brown on both sides.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook several minutes. Remove chops from skillet and scrape loose
“stuck” meat bits.
4. Pour orange juice mixture back into skillet. Add cornstarch and stir in, simmering until thickened.
5. Return chops to skillet and heat.
6. Serve over rice.