Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into ¾” cubes
Pancake mix for coating pork cubes
Oil for frying meat
1½ medium cans pineapple chunks (save juice)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1½ cans chicken broth
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
⅓ cup sugar
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 green peppers cut into 1” cubes
2 medium onions cut into 1” cubes
1 large carrot, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups hot cooked rice
1. Add enough water to pancake mix to make a medium-thick batter.
2. Dip each pork cube into batter and remove with tongs, placing on a tray so they will not touch.
Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. In a large measuring cup, combine “saved” pineapple juice, cornstarch, broth, vinegar, and sugar;
refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. Heat a large skillet (or Dutch oven) over medium-high heat. When hot, add ¼” oil. Using tongs, add
several cubes of pork (not touching) and fry until golden brown; remove and drain on paper towels.
Repeat procedure (adding more oil as necessary), frying remaining cubes.
5. When finished, reheat oil, add a little more oil, and then re-fry all pork; drain on paper towels. Discard
oil from skillet and wipe clean.
6. Stir cornstarch mixture well then add to skillet; cook on low-medium heat until thickened slightly, and
then stir in ketchup and soy sauce.
7. Add peppers, onions, carrot, ginger, and red pepper flakes; cook covered 10 minutes. Add pineapple
8. Just before serving, increase heat and add pork cubes; heat thoroughly and fast!
9. Serve immediately over rice.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Pork