Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
6 slices lightly toasted bread (for crumbs)
1 pork loin roast, trimmed and cut into six ¾“ slices
1½ cups flour, divided (for dipping and thickening)
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup milk
2 teaspoons paprika
½ teaspoon dill weed
2½ cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream at room temperature
10 mushrooms, sliced
Early in day…
1. Make breadcrumbs by slightly browning the bread under broiler; cool then make into crumbs.
2. Cut meat into cutlets then make small cuts around edges so they will not curl while cooking.
3. Place cutlets between sheets of wax paper. Use flat side of meat mallet and flatten to ¼- to ½-inch
4. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; place in a shallow pan.
5. In a separate shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk.
6. Lightly coat each cutlet in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, and finally, press breading on firmly
(so it will set well). Save remaining flour mixture. Put cutlets in refrigerate for now.
About 30 minutes before eating…
1. Put ⅛” of oil in bottom of heavy-duty skillet and heat on medium-high; add cutlets and cook for 2 to 3
minutes on each side or until browned well. Remove cutlets from skillet and drain on paper towels.
2. Remove some oil from skillet (save it) then add mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Add 3
tablespoon of “saved” seasoned dipping flour, dill weed, and remaining “saved” oil to skillet; cook 1 to 2
minutes. Add 2 cups of broth to skillet (more as needed) for gravy. Add sour cream gradually, stirring
constantly (the gravy is great over mashed potatoes or rice).