Why I Love This Recipe
If you're a potato lover you'll love this soup
Ingredients You'll Need
3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (8 cups)
1 large onion, chopped
1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
1 small celery rib, chopped
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1. Place first 9 ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
2. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
3. Mix flour and 1/2 cup cream until smooth; stir into soup.
4. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and the bacon, cilantro and remaining cream. 5. Cook, covered, on low until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
6. Serve with remaining cheese.