Why I Love This Recipe
Because of the thick batter, you should use a heavy-duty mixer. Do not preheat your oven for this recipe; start in a cold oven
Ingredients You'll Need
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup Crisco shortening
3 cups sugar
¾ teaspoon almond extract
3 cups flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Grease and flour a tube cake pan.
2. Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, mixing well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each then add almond extract.
4. Stir a little salt into flour then alternately add flour, then milk (starting and ending with flour). Start mixer on low speed then increase after each addition.
5. Add vanilla then pour into pan and place in cold oven; bake at 350° F. for approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes (test with straw 10 minutes before done - it should be nicely browned).
6. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes then turn over (put rack over top first so it won‘t flop out)
and leave pan in place until it loosens by itself.
7. Use a knife, go around outside of cake plus the inside ring; put it out onto a cake plate.
8. Let cool well before covering (at least 1 hour).
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cake