Prawn and potato Curry
Why I Love This Recipe
great for less experienced cooks and perfect to warm you on a cold day and full of flavour
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 tbs oil
• • 1 onion, thinly sliced
• • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• • 1 long red chilli, finely chopped or a 1 tsp
• chill flake
• 2 tbs Thai red curry paste
• 12 small potatoes
• 400ml coconut milk
• 400g peeled green prawns
• 1 tbs fish sauce
• 1 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
• Thai basil and coriander leaves, to garnish
• Steamed white medium grain rice, to serve1 tbs fish sauce
Heat the oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute, then add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add potatoes, coconut milk and 400ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are almost tender.
Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and potato is tender, then stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Remove from the heat and stir through basil and coriander.
Serve the curry with rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.